Saturday, March 18, 2006

johnny cash + cats + poo = good times

For some reason Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" has been in my head tonight. I was singing it earlier, and then M started riffing on it, making up cat-inspired lyrics. The first one he sang started

there's a big fat cat in front of me
it took a shit and now it's gonna pee
it's smearing feces all in front of me...

but then neither of us knew how to finish it.

Then, a little later, he started a new verse:

there's a cat who's mewing for its food
I'd feed it except I'm not in the mood

Then a line neither of us remembers--so I guess it wasn't that good. Then another line from M:

because of it

Long pause while both of us searched for the right line to cap it off. It came to me suddenly:

I took a shit!

Being the three-year-olds we are, we then exploded with laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home