Tuesday, September 06, 2005

it's a two for tuesday!

(text reads: "I was thinking about maybe not having a door. It'd be a slap in the face to all the paranoid...I don't know... George Bush worshippers." click for larger image.)

my first offering is another jack-ism (see the entry for September 4th). I'm not really sure what the context was here; I think maybe Jack just said this more or less randomly, as we were standing around waiting for tables or chopping lemons or doing our closing side work. whatever the case, I thought it was funny, and kinda profound--I mean, think of the anxiety it would cause if you didn't have a door, the anxiety that having a door ordinarily conceals--so I wrote it down.

***
for my second offering, two lines I thought would go great in a story that itself never materialized, two orphan lines jotted down on a napkin in bleeding pen:

who wants to steal anything out of a truck that has shitty fruit in it?

and

our kicking, dangling legs over the side of the porch--as though off a pier--silhouetted against the trees, shadows swinging eerily

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I, Adam Frackowiak, approve of this message.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home